Need Someone to Talk To? Here is How to Get Help
Mental health can be a fragile thing. Even the strongest of people can experience something as seemingly small as a breakup and feel like their world is ending. Perhaps, you might feel embarrassed about your situation, not know who to approach or simply just not know where to start. There are ways to get help if you need it.
Knowing When You Need Help
As mentioned, mental health is a fragile thing. As such, it can be very easy for it to get knocked off balance. If you feel like you are struggling with your mental health, you may need to speak to someone. Common signs that you may need help include: – Feeling low for an extended period of time. – Feeling anxious or stressed out for no apparent reason. – Experiencing recurring thoughts or feelings that you cannot shake. – Having difficulty sleeping or concentrating.
Finding a Therapist
When you have decided that you need to speak to a therapist, you need to find the right one for you. There are a number of different types of therapist:
– Psychotherapist: This therapist will focus on analyzing and treating the underlying causes of your issues.
– Cognitive behavioral therapist: This therapist will focus on the present, helping you to overcome your issues.
– Psychiatrist: This therapist will focus on treating the symptoms of your issues with drugs.
– Psychoanalyst: This therapist will focus on the past, helping you to understand how your past experiences affect you now. Once you have a better idea of what you are looking for, you can start to look for therapists in your area.
If you prefer to see someone online, you have multiple options:
– Online therapy: You will be paired with a therapist who will send you messages. These messages can be anything from writing exercises to video calls.
– Online support groups: These are group discussions where you can talk to other people who are experiencing the same issues as you.
– Self-help books: You can read about different techniques that will help you to overcome your issues.
Talking to Family and Friends
Talking to family and friends can be a great way to relieve some of your stress and get your mental health back on track. If they do not know how to help you, it can make things worse. However, if they are willing to learn and support you, they can be great people to talk to. They can help you to better understand your issues and figure out how to deal with them.
Other Ways to Get Help
If you prefer not to talk to anyone about your issues, you can still get the help that you need. You may also want to try some of these options if you do not have anyone close to you that you feel comfortable talking to.
– Join a support group: These groups are great because they provide you with a safe space to discuss your issues.
– Meditate: This can be a great way to relieve some of your stress and help you to calm down.
– Write in a journal: This can be a great way to process your feelings and work through your issues.
– Exercise: This can help you to relieve stress, feel more relaxed and get your energy out.
Mental health issues are often misunderstood, and people who have them are often stigmatized. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues, it is important to talk about it. Mental health issues do not have to be lifelong issues that disrupt lives. There are things that you can do to help yourself and get the help that you need. There is no shame in asking for help, and it does not make you less of a person. With the right help, you can get your mental health back on track.
The author of this article is a therapist from the Sensera app. Sensera is a daily 10-minute self-therapy app. It’ll help you to cope with various mental problems (anxiety, self-esteem, relationship issues). Feel better with CBT audio sessions and exercises. Download now to become happier!