What are the Signs and Causes of Anger?
Anger is a normal response to feeling threatened or frustrated. It’s an emotion that helps us deal with difficult situations. However, if you find yourself getting angry too often or in response to insignificant issues, this could be a sign of anger management issues.
Check your symptoms
The first thing to do when you suspect you might have anger issues is to see if your symptoms match those of people with anger issues. It’s also a good idea to take a look at the warning signs of a dangerous outburst. Being aware of your patterns will help you understand how to manage yourself better and be prepared to keep yourself safe.
5 signs you have anger issues
· You get angry often
· Your anger is disproportionate to the situation
· You have a hard time controlling your anger
· You struggle to calm down after you get angry
· You have a hard time letting things go
3 ways to deal with anger
1. Picture your anger as a color. When you are very angry, it is very easy to get lost in the emotion and begin to do things that you will regret. You might get very angry at someone, and begin yelling at them or even lose control and hit them. In these moments, it is important to take a step back and try to regain control. Taking a few seconds to picture your anger as a color is a great way to do this. Imagine the color in your mind, and allow yourself to focus on it. After a few moments, you’ll notice that you are more in control and can regain your composure.
2. Count to ten. Sometimes, when you are feeling very angry, you need a little bit longer than a few seconds to calm down. In these moments, you can use the classic counting to-ten technique. This is a great way to regain control of your emotions, and it is something that you can do anywhere.
3. Move away from the trigger situation. Sometimes, the best way to get control of your anger is to remove yourself from the situation as quickly as possible. If you are in a situation where you are becoming very angry, try to get out of this situation as soon as possible.
Anger is a completely normal emotion. It is a response to feeling threatened or unsafe, and it is important for keeping us safe. However, it can be very easy for people to get out of control with their anger and have anger issues. If you feel like this is happening in your life, it is important to take steps to control it. There are many ways to control your anger, from counting to ten to taking a break from the situation. Additionally, you can use long-term strategies like identifying your triggers and talking to someone. There is no need to let anger rule your life when it can be so easily controlled.
This article is written by a therapist from the Sensera app. Sensera is the #1 mental health app for women. Deal with mental issues in 10 minutes a day. Improve your mood and relationships. Download now to get happy!